We all know that Instagram is one of the biggest social network in the world having almost 700 active million users around the world. Here is the article about the biggest update of the Instagram called as IGTV.
At a flashy event in San Francisco, the Facebook-owned company” Instagram” announced it will now allow users to upload videos up to one hour in length, from the previous one minute limit. Instagram says it is not instantly paying for any content on the app, nor will it start with any advertising. It is not confirmed if the longer videos would include adverts or if users would be paid for their content, as they are on the platform like YouTube.
Here are some interesting post related to the social media:
What is IGTV?
Facebook incorporated photo sharing app “Instagram” has reached 1 million monthly active users. To spur the future growth, the company has announced a new feature called Instagram television. IGTV fate will ultimately be determined by whether existing users and others are willing to put in the effort required to make convincing vertical videos. Anyone will be able to upload videos of their own interests for Instagram’s new IGTV section, which will display them full screen and vertically, the way people naturally hold their phones. The video section will mark content from people; users already follow on their account.
IGTV is a separate individual mobile application for iOS and Android, where videos will start playing automatically when the app opens. People will be able to comment on the videos and propel them to friends. To get started, open up the IGTV app and get on your profile picture, which should show on the right side next to a cog. It will evoke you to create a channel, and then take you through a number of steps and give you some advice. Once that’s done, you’ll head back to your own home feed.
Now, whenever you want to share some video, you can click your profile picture again and you will be taken into your own channel – press the little plus button and you’ll be able to upload some video.
IGTV is different in certain ways:
• It is built and based on how users use their phone, so videos are full screen and vertical.
• IGTV is simple too, just like turning on the TV, IGTV starts playing as soon as you open the app. IGTV starts playing videos based on users interests.
• Video length should be in the range of 15 seconds to 60 minutes.
• Users can watch the videos inside the Instagram app or on the IGTV app.
• Videos play automatically upon opening the IGTV app for users.
• Creators can add “swipe up” call to action on videos.
• Users can like or comment on videos or send videos to friends directly.
Also like TV, IGTV has channels. But, in IGTV the creators are the channels. Anyone can be a creator; you can upload your own IGTV videos in the app, to start or drive your own channel.